Exterior Home Renovation
We are with you throughout the journey!
Return on Investment for Exterior Renovations
The ROI for adding a new deck is about 104 percent. So, if you spend $5,000 for an average 16 foot by 20 foot deck, the return on the cost of the deck when you go to sell your house is the initial cost of $5,000 plus a gain of $200.
- New siding: Installing new siding changes the entire look of your house and makes it look like new again. The average ROI for new siding is around 92 percent.
- Repainting the exterior: It’s a big job, but one you can definitely do yourself with an ROI of 90 percent.
- Landscaping: Making your lawn and yard beautiful has an ROI of 30 to 50 percent.
- Remember that returns on investment vary depending on where you live.
Minor Exterior Improvements
You don’t have to be in the market to sell your home in order to make a few minor exterior improvements. Here are few that will increase the overall value of your home down the road, but also make it look nice.
- Add a few bushes and trees. Consider adding a few perennial bushes like lilac or forsythia. Perennials are more expensive than annuals but they come back year after year so you don’t have to replant every fall or spring.
- Give your walkways and driveway a good scrub down. Clean oil spills or stains up from the concrete on your driveways and walkways.
- Paint. Exterior painting gives one of the highest returns on investment. Be sure to scrape and prime first and use a high-quality exterior paint to withstand the outside elements.
- Install new lighting. A single bare light bulb hanging from an old fixture simply won’t do. Instead, remove these eyesores and replace them with brand new fixtures. Consider installing motion lights for added security.
- Repave your driveway. You can go with either an asphalt repave or a brand new concrete driveway.
Most people concentrate so much on interior home renovations that the exterior is all but forgotten. Show the outside of your home a little love by making a few renovations on the outside.
We take pride in the quality of our work, and the willingness to perform even the most menial tasks to remove project obstacles and get the job done. If you agree that well-managed projects should exceed customers’ expectations in terms of quality and service, we should talk.